Do you have what is takes?
Becoming your school’s Common Cents Pennies from the Heart program Sponsor is one of the most rewarding tasks you will take on. Sponsors will get an inside look at the joy and fulfillment children gain by helping others and learning social responsibility. Sponsors are important to the success of the program, acting as the internal support system for the school during the Pennies from the Heart campaign.
They will facilitate round table discussions with a group of students to help them determine areas of need in the community and assist in generating and implementing fundraising ideas.
The Common Cents Sponsor is responsible for the following:
- Select 4-6 motivated student leaders to participate in your Round Table
- Lead scheduled Round Table discussions with your students
- Inspire enthusiasm and encourage participation
- Assist students with fundraising ideas and implementation
- Help students decide which local nonprofits will receive their funds
- Act as the liaison between your school and the Dallas ISD Common Cents staff
- Report total dollar amount raised at the close of the coin collection drive
- Encourage High School Juniors and Seniors to apply for the College or Trade School Scholarships (available beginning October 1st)
- Attend the Check Presentation to non-profits
- Submit any paperwork required by school/sponsor in downloadable format
Download our guide on Directing a Successful Common Cents Drive