Hey there! We are so excited that you are taking part in Common Cents. Participating in this program will teach you valuable lessons about helping others, being socially responsible, being a leader and managing your money. You’ll see just how quickly those pennies add up, and you’ll understand the power of “CHANGE”.
Did you know that Common Cents helped students like you raise over $850,000 for local charities? That is A LOT of pennies! Together, we can make that number even bigger!
Your school’s Common Cents Sponsor will be available to guide your fundraising efforts to raise money for local non-profits. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask your Sponsor. They want to help you learn the importance of giving back. If you have ideas, share them! We love your input.
Here are a few things you need to do:
- As a Round Table Member, participate with your fellow students in the campaign efforts
- Share creative fundraising ideas with your Common Cents Sponsor and other Round Table students
- Research your community’s needs
- Decide which non-profit you will give the funds you raise
- Apply for the College and Trade School Scholarships (beginning October 1, 2017).